"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood... And sorry I could not travel both. I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference." --Robert Frost

Sunday, March 20, 2022

Back to CA to See A Meatball, John Denver & A Flaming Duck

Palm Springs, California
Thousand Trails Resort


Boy did the winds pick up leaving Arizona and driving through the deserts along I-10.  At some spots we had to slow way down as the sand was blowing across the road and making it very hard to see at all in some spots.  We'll be spending a little time back with the kids and checking on my parents.


At least it was nice in Palm Springs where we stayed a couple of nights to relax.

Maybe all that wind blew the fur right off our neighbors' dog?
Cute rig across from us.

We then overnighted at the Elks Lodge in Ontario and had dinner with Roger and Penny, sister of Sue (Guy and Sue).  We had a nice visit then it was off to one night at the Atascadero and Santa Barbara Elks Lodges.  
Spring is bringing out all of the colors.
Salinas, California
Elks Lodge
We're at our sons in Monterey to celebrate Jaxon turning 2.  Jeez, it goes fast!  He loves to be at the beach and play in the tidepools.

 
I think it's a Trilobite.  There is so much marine life in the Monterey Bay.
We came across the John Denver Memorial while geocaching.  This is the spot he was piloting his kit plane and crashed on October 12, 1997.  We grew up with his music and while I loved so many of his songs, Grandma's Feather Bed was one of our kids favorites.


We made a stop at the Point Pinos Lighthouse which has been shining its third order French made Fresnel Lense since 1855.  





Celebrating at preschool with the 2 other Birthday Kids.
Ryan (Daddy) , Jax and Uncle Shane.

Aunty Lindsay and Aunty Alex.
Party at home with Mom & Dad.

Another night Auntie Kaylee took us to dinner.  After she wanted to try this place known for Tequila Tastings.  We ended up with The Duck.  Very silly.  It came with several shots of Tequila and it's own light show.
Well those 2 weeks flew by.  Next we'll be escaping up to Oregon to celebrate someone entering a new decade!


4 comments:

  1. At first glance, I thought Penny was Sue! I remember when John Denver died, it was such a big deal at the time. Nice that you were able to spend 2 weeks with family, I bet it was nice seeing them!
    I was happy to wake up this morning and see all your comments, I thought you blackballed us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always nice to see the fam. Only downside to seeing so much of the country. >sigh< I'm so mad now that I've realized that I cannot comment using my phone. Who knows how many other blogs comments have not gone through? Bummer.

      Delete
  2. You have a beautiful family! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I’d love to hear from you! It’s more fun when you leave a comment!