"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood... And sorry I could not travel both. I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference." --Robert Frost

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The dreaded garage sale

Actually it was a flea market near town.  Since we are on acreage on a dirt road, it made more sense to do the local flea market.  I was dreading the 4am wake-up as you are supposed to set up at 5am.  NOT FUN for me.  Steve didn't mind it.  He's always enjoyed garage sales/flea markets etc.  Not my idea of a fun time.  But I'm committed to getting rid of all of our excess stuff.  Hubby prefers to make a few dollars, I would prefer to drop it all off at Goodwill and be done with it!  Today was our first time and we made about $235.  Still not worth it to me, but Steve has decided to dedicate each Sunday through February to do it alone while I am closing down our retail business.  Whatever doesn't sell by then, needs to go as I'd like to get the house on the market by April.  Many more closets and the garage to clear out.  So onward we push and hopefully we can clear things out quickly and even make a bit of money doing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you! It’s more fun when you leave a comment!