"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood... And sorry I could not travel both. I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference." --Robert Frost

Friday, November 1, 2013

Reflecting

The beautiful color of the leaves changing, the smell of the air full of fires and leaves burning, the sound they make when blowing in the breeze and crunching underfoot... Fall is always a time of reflecting for me.  I like to think about previous times, choices I've made (good and bad) and how I've got to where I am now.  It always makes me a little melancholy but very thankful for what I have and who I have in my life.

Since we now only have months until we begin our fulltime travels, I'm already starting with the, "This will be our last fall", the "last fill-in-the-blank", etc.  I'm trying to breath it all in and store it away for next year when Fall arrives and I can look back and say, "Wow, who'd have thought this is where we'd be for our first fall on the road".

Seven months.  Life still seems business as usual.  But after the next two months things will begin to fly!  So for now, I'll take a few pictures and a nice autumn hike and enjoy it before I trade my hiking boots in for snowshoes.  Perhaps for the "last time"  I'll be snowshoeing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you! It’s more fun when you leave a comment!