"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood... And sorry I could not travel both. I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference." --Robert Frost

Saturday, March 8, 2014

It Feels like Spring

Each morning I keep forgetting that I don't have to go back to work.  Then I smile.  Today was a beautiful day so Hurley (aka The Pooch/Hurlsabutt/Punkin) and I finally went on a little hike.  It was so much work closing the business that I haven't had a day off since January.  I needed a few days to catch up on sleep and it has been raining most of this week.  It was great to be back outdoors again and on a trail in the sunshine.




Driving up to the lake, I noticed how it looks and smells like Spring around here.  The seasons have flown by and with it the stages of getting ready to fulltime.  I have a lot of closets and cabinets to finish cleaning out to get the house ready for market.  Each month until Summer, we will have many milestones we go through.  It'll be a lot of work, but we are looking forward to hiking many new trails and enjoying the seasons in different parts of the country.

7 comments:

  1. Debbie, thought I would check out your blog too after reading your comment. Great photos of places we want to go to once we get on the road. I also noticed that you and your husband will be at the RV-Dreams Rally in Goshen, IN in Sept. We are signed up too so looks like we will get an opportunity to meet then. Good luck on your continued work at getting your house ready and for a quick sale. Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. If we don't cross paths before September, we'll see you at the rally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember well the joy of waking up and realizing I didn't HAVE to go anywhere. Spring is in the air for sure. Glad it's where you are too. I've been to several RV-Dreams rallies and they will really charge you up to get out on the road. Good luck! And thanks so much for your comments. It's what keeps me posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, maybe our paths will cross sometime and we'll have to kayak together!

      Delete
  4. I saw your RVillage group. :) Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Janet. Not too much to write yet, looking forward to getting *out* there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our first time reading your blog. Your present situation sounds very much like where we were at this time of year in 2012. I had just retired and we were getting the house ready for sale so we could take off in the summer. Feels so much different getting up when you feel like it and really feeling the spring this time. We have been to 2 RV-Dreams raleys and as Sherry said, you will be pumped up to start after that.

    It will be interesting to see how it all goes for you. For us it just all fell into place like we planned. We do read others blogs and we learned so much that is why I think it worked so well for us and it looks like you 2 are doing the same.

    GOOD LUCK! Mark and Patty

    ReplyDelete

I’d love to hear from you! It’s more fun when you leave a comment!